Hi, Hannah! How did you get into what you do?
I’ve been a writer and a storyteller basically since birth. I majored in public relations and business in university and come from a multi-cultural background which fueled my love for travel right out of the womb. In college, I was travel writing for various publications and brands all over the world (from Barcelona to Miami and beyond!) and eventually I got a job in the Digital Marketing department of an amazing destination marketing agency in New York City. A mix of living in NYC and traveling around the world for work and pleasure turned me into the culture-loving, food-obsessed, digital media junkie that I am now. Somehow along the way I invested in camera equipment, won some awards for my work, moved to California and built strong relationships with tourism organizations, restaurants, hotels and CPGs brands, and the rest is history.
Why did you start Hannah Khan Digital Strategies?
So. Many. Reasons. But the main reason is that I love working one-on-one with small businesses to tell their stories. I’m a visionary, strategist and some might say a bit delusional when it comes to the potential I see in my clients to tell their stories. I’m obsessed with innovation, creativity, building long-lasting relationships and the quality of my work/ happiness of my clients – my clients definitely saw that, and in turn, they inspired me to start my own business.
Why travel, hospitality and CPG?
They are all unwavering passions of mine. I’ve visited nearly 40 countries. I started the bulk of my career in travel, as a travel writer and destination marketer and along the way I fell in love with food, restaurants, hotels and anything that puts me in a vacation state of mind. My mom is Pakistani and she always told me that hospitality & being a good host is in our blood, so naturally I was very attracted to that industry. I also love anything that consumers can enjoy or that I would enjoy as a consumer – as a result of the pandemic especially, I’ve found so much joy in becoming quite the chef, baker, bartender extraordinaire and so many CPGs have paved the way for that.
What do you love most about your work?
The ability to bring life, purpose and passion into the messages I’m helping a brand convey. Small businesses have stories of adversity, of love, of learning and growing and helping be a part of and share those stories with the public brings me immense pride and fulfillment.
What are some of your career highlights?
I’ve been so fortunate to have so many!
- Speaking in front of numerous Destination Marketing Organizations as a panelist or keynote speaker
- Winning multiple HSMAI Adrian Awards for campaigns that I conceptualized and executed
- Helping Black-owned businesses tell their stories amidst the largest Civil Rights Movement in history
- Helping immigrant owned restaurants navigate how to communicate with the public during a pandemic
- Working with numerous influencers of color across travel, food, lifestyle and more to fight for media representation, forever changing the way that brands look at diversity and inclusion
- Securing a feature on the Ellen Degeneres Show for my restaurant client who helped donate nearly 3,000 meals during a pandemic.
- Starting Hannah Khan Digital Strategies with over a handful of clients that I love and am passionate about!
What trends are you most looking forward to in the digital space?
Authenticity over everything! Now more than ever consumers prioritize being transparent, showing value and connecting in an honest way with the media that they consume. Feeds are becoming less curated, influencers are becoming more down to Earth. I’m here for it all and I definitely believe it’s the future of establishing trust between brands and their audiences.
What services do you currently offer?
See a full breakdown of my services, HERE!
Currently, I offer the following services:
- Social Media & Community Management
- Influencer Marketing
- Content Creation
How can businesses get in touch with you to learn more?